Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Longest Day of the Year!  One of my favorites, but then again I like to celebrate just about anything.   (...a good cup of coffee is all it takes for me to be happy!)  I'm sitting here typing where I can look out my back window and see how green the trees are and how the morning seems to be somewhere between a beautiful day and the threat of rain.  The leaves move gently as the breeze moves the weather.    It's quite pretty out!

It's another one of those days where possibilities abound.  I know of several folks whose lives are out of sync and I'm sure those of you reading this have friends or family in those same places.  Life has points of chaos...it's a natural part of life!  But it's also nice to have encouragement in those moments.

I had the chance to talk to a friend yesterday who has been diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer.  It's not a pretty picture...but she was/is so inspiring!  She kept talking about how God was ahead of her on this journey.  God was leading!  She's a naturally kind and loving person...you know the kind you're drawn to and everyone wants as a friend.  But now she's got this aura of calm adventure that makes you feel empowered and like you can do anything.  She inspired/inspires me!

The longest day of the year!  How will your friends inspire you?  How will you inspire them?  How will God use you today to touch another life?

No comments:

Post a Comment