Thursday, June 23, 2011

I fell asleep last night watching a storm.  I can see the top of the pine tree outside my window and I watched as the winds shook the branches and swayed the tree back and forth.  This morning I awoke to blue skies and the sound of birds when I opened the window for a cool morning breeze to drift across my face and put me back to sleep.

We played hooky today.  We went and saw the butterflies at the Butterfly Show...spent more time watching trees move in the breeze as we sat by one of the old wading lakes in the park...went and sat in Krohn Conservatory and just watched the plants.  (There's some amazing stuff in there!)

Then we went to another park this evening and sat in the arboretum and talked.  We watching the trees and enjoyed the flowers.  We were a bit perplexed at the lack of deer since we used to count dozens in the evenings, but it was still a God filled evening.  While sitting in the gazebo we talked about finding God in the nature around us and the power of our Creator God.

Honestly, it was a great day to reroot ourselves in the majesty of creation and feel part of something beyond ourselves.  Then I received an email from a friend who was grateful for this blog...WOW!  To truly be a blessing to someone else in the midst of God's great creation is a major faith blessing.

God's presence is all around us...in nature...in our laughter...in our relationships near and far...in the words we post/speak/live.  How are you feeding your relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment