Friday, August 5, 2011

This summer has been an amazing time for me.  While it's been quiet and calm in so many ways I can look back over the last 2 months and see where God's hand is moving in new ways.  It's kind of scary to see, but it also gives me quite the tingle of anticipation. 

I've spent a great deal of time reflecting on my own call to ministry and the path it has been to get me to this place in my life.  I've made plenty of mistakes....but I've also done some good things.  When asked to preach a friend's Ordination I was brought to tears by the honor of it and the preparation was truly a spiritual experience.  Realizing that my life was an example that someone else chose to set as a role model brought me to my knees.  But watching a beloved young person set my friend as a role model was even more powerful.  To watch the weave of life threads was, and is, breath taking.

I think about those who have been my role models...and the list has changed regularly as time has gone by, but each was there for a reason at the time needed to guide me.  Men and women who may or may not have known I was watching them and shaping my life in their reflections.  I am grateful for their good and bad examples...yep, I learn/learned a lot from other's mistakes!

My husband and daughter come home from camp tomorrow...it's been an amazing week for them and I know this God moment has been incredibly rich for my daughter...if not life changing/life shaping.  I know for me, I think I'm ready for the next threads to be woven in life because of the threads that have already been woven.  The examples that have been set before me have been strong and good...now I pray I am as strong and good as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment