Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's been one of those days where God is ever present, but I have nothing to say.  They are rare.  I don't feel the need to fill the silence with my voice, my thoughts, noise, but am very comfortable just being in the moment.  I like watching the wind in the trees, the sun setting, and crazy hum of my house living around me.

It's been a whirlwind the past several days.  Suddenly saying goodbye to a friend as we sat at her deathbed with her family...sharing the news and preparing for her funeral....celebrating her life...grieving, laughing, living.  She was a blessing to so many so hearing the stories of her life was wonderful.

So many friends kids went back to school this week and it made me think about my own girls.  My youngest who is somewhere between innocent childhood and awkward teen years...my oldest who is blossoming and well into her senior year with confidence and poise. 

My parents celebrate 48 years of marriage and my father is 71 today.  I miss them...but that's another story for another day.

Life has been a whirlwind...for some it's been an earthquake or a hurricane...but it is definitely chaotic lately in many ways.  So, sitting still and knowing God is a blessing.  Letting God fill the space is like being held in a loving embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment