Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's hot!  I'm not complaining, but it is a fact today.  It's hot here.  So I grabbed the water gun and filled it with cold water and started shooting.  Now one daughter enjoyed the experience and delighted in the chance to cool off.  The other wanted control and didn't like that I had it.  She locked herself in the bathroom and only came out to attack me with cups of water.

I have to smile!  There are days when I approach life in each way.  Today I embraced the heat of the day and just relaxed into the slowness of it.  Other days I only come out once I think I have control of the day.  I don't want to be caught off guard and nailed my the surprise water gun of life....unless I know it's coming and can retaliate in a BIG way!

There are times when having control really becomes a stumbling block to enjoying the moment...or in this case the laughter and cool thrill of the spray of the water gun.  Living life in control of everything can really limit us and keep us locked behind doors.

Embracing the moments that God throws at us and enjoying them instead of hiding seems like the easier way of life....ok, the better way of life as I know easier it is not!  Letting go is not easy, but it is rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment