Thursday, May 26, 2011

There are days when I wake up cranky and no matter what, I'm not getting out of it!  (click off now if you really think you're that perfect)  It's not that I want to be cranky...I just am cranky.  There's not enough chocolate and coffee in the world to change me during those moments and it really has nothing to do with genetics or gender!  It's just one of "those" days.

I've had conversations with folks about whether Jesus ever felt this way.  I'm pretty sure he did.  He was human and dealing with human beings.  Got the WHOLE experience.  It changes how I read my scriptures when I remember just how truly human Jesus was in those moments.

We have a tendency to see those days as "bad" days.  I can understand that, but there are a lot of blessings that come out of those cranky days.  We find out who our friends are and if we listen to them we find out we're not bad people.  God also has a way of showing us beautiful moments of compassion and kindness from other people on those days...not just towards us, but us as witness.

I'll take my cranky days and I'll take yours!  I'll embrace you in your growth and be grateful when I'm embraced in mine. 

Let God use our crankiness to God's benefit in shaping us.

No comments:

Post a Comment