Saturday, October 1, 2011

To say life has been busy is an understatement! 

I've learned something lately, though.  I had a friend come to me with a horror story of life that made me stop in my tracks and want to be ill.  As she told me the story of what had happened I became VERY angry on her behalf.  But it wasn't but a split second before I also saw the strength of my friend.  Not just a strength that gets you through, but the kind of strength that keeps us from becoming victims.  The strength that screams, "YOU CAN'T STEAL ME!"

I got to thinking about the women of the New Testament...I love their stories.  They are that kind of women...scrappy, determined, seasoned, lifewise, tormented, victimized...but not victims.  They have that strength that screams, "YOU CAN'T STEAL ME!"  The hemorrhaging woman...been through enough life and victimization of doctors for too long...risks everything to touch the hem of Jesus' garment...scrappy, brave, determined!  There are others...think about it.  These are the women of God who set the example for us.

There are horrid things we face in life.  There are tough times in life.  There are moments where we sit much like Job on piles of shit that seem to consume people.  But we don't sit idly waiting for God to move...we don't sit bemoaning our situation...we don't whine about how bad life is.  We live in the strength of God's presence!  We live knowing and screaming...."YOU CAN'T STEAL ME!"  I will be stronger than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment