Friday, October 21, 2011

Change...it's inevitable.  It's also full of emotions at times.  My youngest daughter will be 12 next week.  She's all excited and I am, too.  But in the midst of it is also life pain.  A friend died this morning.  I'm happy for him as life was a nursing home bed and now he no longer faces his demons.  Thanksgiving is coming and bringing changes with it.  The trees are losing leaves, the air is getting colder and the rains are now icy instead of refreshing.  College applications wait to be filled out for my oldest.

There are changes in the air.  Life changes and seasonal changes.  Changes dance across the face of life with paintbrushes of multiple colors.  It's like everywhere I look change is making it's presence known.  It's like change has a face and a personality!

Change seems to be hanging in the window challenging me...it leaves me wondering...was I good enough in the past?  Will my mistakes come back to haunt me?  Have I learned from my mistakes or do I repeat them?  Changes!  They make me reflect on things.  Hindsight is 20/20...hard to handle some days!  Forgive me Lord where I failed.

Change!  Look forward...Look towards God...trust that God has the best in store for you.  The best is yet to come!  Yes, the best still lies ahead of us and only through the changes will we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment