Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Sunday...a day to worship.  It's a day to spend time with God offering praise and glory to the one who created us.  As I got up to the birds chirping and the sun coming out for another record breakingly gorgeous day I thought that was going to be easy!

22By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, generosity, faithfulness,23gentleness, and self-control.
There is no law against such things.24And those who belong to
Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit.


That was the sermon text.  The message was simple....we are called to be focused on God so the Spirit can move and the fruit blossom and grow in our lives.  Then I asked for prayer requests and looked around the room and was overwhelmed by the chaos of life filling people's lives.  Life can be VERY difficult and the chaos can be consuming.  That's when the message simplified and became simple for me personally.  Do we allow the chaos to suck us in and be in control or do we stay focused on God, let Him be in control and let the Spirit blossom and grow in our lives.

I came home to be entranced again by the magnificent wonder of God's amazing creative power.  And to know this same God loves me and wants to be in relationship with me.  I choose God.  I choose the God who created this amazing world and gave me life and breathes new life into the creation every moment to be my center and NOT the chaos.

It's Sunday.  A day to choose and a day to worship.  What will you choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment