Monday, March 19, 2012


“God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness.  He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost.  He’s giving everyone space and time to change.”  2 Peter 3:9 (The Message)

Recent personal experience—I have noticed in the last day or two that exactly at the moment I am complaining about the patience level of someone else, it means that I am the one lacking patience.  This scripture is a terrific reminder that God’s patience is required not only for other people, but especially for me!  Of course, usually in me this creates a response of, “God, give me patience, and give it to me right now!”  So, please, God, help me to develop and to appreciate patience.  Help me to realize that your patience with me has resulted in my faith, and to so live with others that they see not only my patience but yours at work.  Help me to recognize and appreciate patience other people are showing to me.  Your patience is grace, Lord.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment