Monday, April 11, 2011

Matthew 18:21-35  The Message
At that point Peter got up the nerve to ask, "Master, how many times do I forgive a brother or sister who hurts me?  Seven?"  Jesus replied, "Seven!  Hardly. try seventy times seven."

To forgive!  Someone did something to me that made me mad!  Someone hurt my feelings and wronged me!  How many times do I have to forgive them before I can just let them have a good piece of my mind?  It depends...Are you Christian?  Then Jesus told Peter to forgive 7 times 70 times.  Now does that mean we're supposed to keep a tally board for how many times we forgive someone?  No, it just means you need to let it go and not let the anger win.  Yes, we get hurt by carelessnessm but we are jsut as guilty as the next person of being careless.  Isn't there also a text about that long in your eye?

Who do you need to forgive?

No comments:

Post a Comment